Personal Information – When you contact us, order or download one of our “Driver” family of products, or register or use our services, we collect personal information. This personal information may include your name, shipping address, email address, phone number, payment information, contact preferences, credit card information, and, if you provide it to us, your age and gender.
We use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. Some of the specific types of purposes for which we may use your personal information are as follows:
(a) When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about our products and services, downloading our apps or software updates, purchasing a product or contacting us, Root Four may collect and use personal information, such as your contact information and billing information, to assist us in performing the requested services (i.e. to ship you our product, to respond to your requests and to process payments).
(b) We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to assist with verifying your identity when you contact us.
(c) From time to time, we may use your personal information to inform you of our products and of software and firmware updates, to send you notices about products and services that you have purchased, to advise you of changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and to advise you of enhancements to our products. Because this information is important to your interaction with Root Four, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
(d) We may contact you to survey you with respect to your use and views on our products or to send you promotional material. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out anytime by updating your account settings or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vehicle Information – When you use certain of our devices and apps (including our BlueDriver® device and app), we may collect and retain information from the vehicle's onboard computer such as its vehicle identification number (VIN), diagnostic trouble codes, and other vehicle system data including records of the vehicle’s behavior right before the problem started. All of this information helps us to determine what might be wrong with your vehicle – so that we can help get you on the road again faster.
Online Navigational Information – Our websites, emails and advertisements may use "cookies" and other similar technologies to collect online navigational information, such as information about your web browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, referring and exit web sites and applications, date/time stamps, clickstream data and the actions you take on our websites. Cookies and similar technologies may also be placed by third-party analytic services, such as Google analytics, or third-party marketing services.
In some of our email or other electronic communications, we may use a "click-through URL" linked to content on our website. When the email reader clicks one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in our electronic communication.
Online Navigational Information is aggregated and used to help us understand and analyze trends, to understand and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing, to administer the website and apps, to learn about user behavior on the site, to gather demographic information about our User base as a whole, and to improve our products and services to better help you.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to OthersBusiness Partners and Solution Providers – With your express consent (and only with your express consent), we may provide your personal information to trusted business partners and solution providers that work with us to provide you with additional or enhanced products and services.
Third Party Offers – We may present you with offers from trusted third parties to provide an offer or solution to you that may enhance your ownership or driving experience. If we present you with such offers or solutions, it will be on an “opt-in” basis only.
Legal Process – It may be necessary by law, litigation or other legal process for us to disclose your personal information. Our policy is to notify you of any such legal process seeking access to your personal information unless we are prohibited by law from doing so or when the request is an emergency. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
4. Anonymized and Aggregated DataWe may anonymize and aggregate the data we collect across many users, including vehicle information, and may provide this anonymized, aggregated data to third parties. Such data will not identify you or be able to identify you personally and, specifically, this anonymized and aggregated information will never include your specific vehicle identification number (VIN).
5. Protection of Personal InformationWe take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. While we use industry-recognized security protocols to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of personal information from hacking or theft. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Access to your Personal InformationWe will provide you with access to your personal information that we retain for any purpose including requesting that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, that jeopardize the privacy of others, are impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Third Party Sites and ServicesOur websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties, such as vehicle repair reports. The information collected by third parties, including location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy policies. Root Four is not responsible for these third-party websites, products or services and encourages you to review the privacy policies of such third party web sites, products and services to understand their information practices.